The Museum Studios Gallery is an approximate 500 square foot exhibition space located in Burlingame on California Drive. We are part of the Peninsula Museum of Art with a resident artist population. We exhibit work from our resident artists and frequently include shows from external artists. We encourage all forms of visual art including new media and installations.
The gallery’s annual exhibits schedule is selected from proposals submitted to the Gallery Committee. The committee reviews submitted proposals on an ongoing basis. Visiting Exhibition Artists/Curators help us to ensure a broad, balanced, and varied exhibition schedule. Previous curatorial experience is not necessary.
Exhibition Proposals shall include:
- Museum Studios Gallery Application
- Curator’s Statement--addressing the exhibition concept
- Space Plan--addressing the use of gallery space (diagram enclosed)
- Resumes or Biographies on all participating Artists/Curators
- 10 labeled images (digital photographs on 8.5 x 11 paper preferred) with fully annotated image list--and/or other support materials
- Projected budget for exhibition costs and funding plan
- Outline of Outreach Event(s) if applicable (i.e. gallery walk-through, panel discussion, slides presentation, materials demonstration or workshop, literary event, or performance)
- SASE for the return of your materials
The Museum Studios Gallery is a non-profit gallery with a limited annual budget. We do not charge an artist fee and we cannot reimburse shipping, reception, or other costs. We do provide limited installation services, reception assistance, and access to our mailing list.